Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I used the title of one of my favorite bands Panic at the disco for the title of this post:) Though I should state that. I can't take all of the credit. Anyway, it is eighty five degree's here, Hot! I could barely stand to take a few photos. Not to mention I forgot to put on sunblock today. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Hey guys. I had a conversation with a friend and it bothered me deeply. The basis of the conversation was that my friend was sort of afraid to branch out into the world of Fashion because of their fear of failing. It was not the lack of passion or work ethic that brought upon this fear. It was the fear of failing because of what she looks like. This was not my first discussion of what exactly is considered beauty in the fashion world. Above are two pictures. Both pictures are beautiful to me. Chanel Iman is one of my current favorite models who is of African american decent. Then there is Kate Moss who is a legend and one of the models to break the mold in the fashion world. She is a mere 5'8 in height. Both Kate Moss and Chanel Iman are icons in their own way. Chanel has walked for designers such as Gucci and Chanel. Kate Moss has been taking the fashion world by storm for quite some time now.
Beauty in the fashion world is very limited. There are some people who don't want to admit it but ethnicity play a huge part of that. Not only are African Americans limited in the fashion world but many other ethnic backgrounds as well. When I watch fashion show's there are very few exotic mixtures. The minority are left out completely. I am not only speaking for African Americans but Asians, Latinas, and Mexicans as well. What do you guys think of the fashion industry's idea of beauty? I am interested in hearing other perspectives-Dawn
Friday, May 6, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
This Award was given to me from the lovely Marina. Check out her blog http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com. The rules for this is to list 7 facts about myself and link to 15 other blogs.
1.I love Rock music. This is a shock to most people who take the time to get to know me. I guess it is because I am so sweet and girly. But I love anything that has a guitar in it. One of my faves are Red and flyleaf.
2. I write fan fiction. It's a little dorky but hey I love it. In case you don't know what fan-fiction is it is an adaption of any story/movie that already exists. The fan base is huge and I have written quite a lot. I have links under my About Dawn section:)
3. I am a shoe freak. I love shoes even the ones that are not comfy. I will bare pain in order to look fierce.
4.I am 5'8.
5. I don't understand sports but I do tend to watch basketball from time to time.
6. I never leave the house without eye liner and mascara. It's a habit.
7. I love to whip my hair back and forth and I do it at the most random moments such as walking down the street or in the mall lol I have a sense of humor and people tend to enjoy it.
Fifteen blogs recieving this award