Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beauty Basics: Summer favorites

Hello Darlings. I've decided to do a few posts called Beauty Basics. The posts will be on some of my favorite beauty product or methods that keep me looking fresh and beautiful always. This first post is based on my summer beauty routine. It's a overview of each product and what I love about it in written format. In the first photo we have ELF mist & set. This product can be found at Target for $3. It's used to set your founation and you may use it before or after your foundation application. This product is a great alternative to M.A.C's setting spray I think and it helps to add a dewy glow. The second product is Revlon's photo ready foundation primer. I love the primer because it is gel base and not liquid or runny. It is a great alternative to Smashbox photo ready primer and can be found on Ebay. The third prime is Revlon 24 hour colorstay. I love this because it is full coverage and for oily skin. It is a good foundation for drugstore price. The final product is Maybelline BB cream. It's light and great for those scorching hot days. For my daily eye routine I like to stick with neutrals. Urban Decay's Naked Two pallet is great for everyday neutral looks. For a cheaper alternative Elf single eyeshadows in Saddle and Amethyst. Both Elf shadows are $3 a piece.   For some minor details, I love gel eyeliner for a winged effect. I also love Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara for a full lash effect. M.A.C's blush in Pinch O Peach adds a beautiful flush effect to the cheeks. The blush has a matte finish. I am also in love with M.A.C's studio concealer in NC50. Finally I have some of my favorite lip colors. I just wanted to display one of each color. They range from drugstore to high end. From left to right we have M.A.C's Fresh Brew, Revlon's peach silk, Revlon's Pink Pout, and Covergirl's Spellbound. Well guys I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions please leave me a comment below. My skin type again is Oily. I hope you all are well and remember, Don't forget the glamor even when you are in the street. Love Dawn.

3 comments:

Rose Mode said...

Great post follow each other on blogger and bloglovin?

http://rosemode.blogspot.com

Rose Mode said...

I love your blog,
Thank you for the follow.
I started following you on blogger and blogloving =)

Peach Punch said...

Both Maybelline and Revlon are good!

xoxo Dia!
www.peach-punch.com